Mud Fever Turnout Boots
- Unit Price
Woof Wear's Mud Fever Turnout Boots are an innovative, breathable boot designed to help prevent mud fever (scratches) by sealing the leg from the knee to the base of the heel which keeps mud from getting onto your horse’s legs. The Mud Fever Boot features a waterproof and breathable fabric around the cannon bone, and a close fitting hoof capsule with Kevlar reinforced heel protection, which will keep legs clean and dry. A shaped PU strike pad also offers brushing protection for your horse’s legs. This enables freedom of turnout whatever the conditions.
These boots are NOT intended to treat mud fever, but are designed to work as as a preventative.
Sold in Pairs
Care and Washing Instructions:
- We recommend that the Mud Fever Boots are removed daily to inspect your horse's legs and to make sure that all the hook and loop fastenings are clean and secure. If the fastenings are not clean they will not stick properly, and therefore will not remain secure on the leg.
- Close all straps prior to washing
- Machine wash max 30°C/86°F in enzyme-free detergent
- DO NOT tumble dry
- DO NOT leave boots in strong sunlight
Some useful tips to remember when trying to prevent mud fever:
- Clean your grooming brushes regularly as they can harbor bacteria if not kept clean
- Do not use dirty horse boots it can cause unnecessary and avoidable rubs
- Do not share horse boots; this will help prevent the spread of bacteria and fungus
- Wash your own hands after handling other horses